Football Betting Tips – Chelsea v Arsenal
What is ‘Best Bets'
After the success of our World Cup ‘Best Bets' program, we are continuing on the model for full 2018/19 season. ‘Best Bets' is a member only service, providing:
- Two emails per week
- One on a Friday or Saturday morning looking at the weekend action
- One on a Monday or Tuesday morning looking at the mid-week action
- 1-2 of our best bets for each set of upcoming matches
- Our best ‘value' bet that we have identified, priced at 3/1 or higher
- In-depth analysis and previews of one or two of the biggest matches taking place
- Key statistical trends for some of the major upcoming matches
- Complimentary bonus micro strategies throughout the season
Insights and News
Here on Football Advisor we have European Football Tips, an opinion piece on Ex-Football Punter Predictions, More Premier League Betting Tips and also five bets in our Championship Betting Tips review.
Best video of the week – Wayne Rooney entering ‘beast mode”
And, finally, this is nothing to do with football or betting but it is hilarious! have you been caught out?
Chelsea vs Arsenal, Stamford Bridge, Saturday 18th August
Kick-off: 17:30 BST
– Chelsea have failed to beat Arsenal in their previous six attempts (four draws)
– Last two fixtures against Arsenal at Stamford Bridge have ended 0-0
– Chelsea won 11 of their 19 home games last season, scoring 30 goals (sixth highest)
– Arsenal won just 4 away games in the Premier League last campaign, shipping 31 goals
– Olivier Giroud pushing for a start against his former side
– Chelsea and Arsenal played 5 times last season; 4 ended in a draw inside 90 minutes
Two sides with two new managers; life in the Premier League for Sarri and Emery so far has offered results at different ends of the spectrum. ‘Sarriball’ took to the pitch at Huddersfield last Saturday as Chelsea’s new 4-3-3 system took apart Wagner’s well-drilled, yet basic, side. Despite winning with goals from N’Golo Kante, Jorginho and Pedro, Chelsea showed vulnerability at the back with a concern over Marcos Alonso’s suitability in a back four.
Arsenal’s loss at the Emirates to Man City offered up similar mistakes that have become synonymous with the Gunners over the past few years. An inexperienced midfield was dominated by Fernandinho, Gundogan and Bernardo Silva, as Xhaka and debutant Guendouzi struggled to track the constant movement.
Chelsea will prove more direct on Saturday, with Sarri opting to push Kante further enabling fast counters that we saw in Napoli involving Insigne-Mertens-Callejon; seeing Chelsea play on home soil for the first time this season will shine light on their attacking philosophy under their new Italian boss.
The Blues are expected to be involved in exciting games this season totalling a high number of goals, now, with Hazard back to near full fitness, we should get a strong idea on Saturday of how Chelsea’s star man will be deployed. If Morata continues to struggle in front of goal, don’t be surprised to see the Belgian lead the line in weeks to come.
This tension-filled London derby never fails to deliver. If we are to believe the odds, Chelsea and Arsenal are expected to finish fifth and sixth, respectively, this season; a win for either on Saturday could do a lot to change the flavour of their expected campaigns.
A cagey start could enable this fixture to come to life in the second half. With six red cards in the last ten meetings, backing a dismissal at Stamford Bridge could prove fruitful.
Recommended Bet: available to Best Bet Members only
Brighton v Man Utd, Sunday 16:00 GMT
Man Utd actually looked pretty solid last week, with Pogba having a great game. Conversely, Brighton looked worryingly weak and poor.
- United slipped to ‘shock' defeat here last season
- Brighton have conceded a huge 23 goals from set-pieces since last season – Ashley Young starting this one could be key
- Brighton have been losing at half time and full time in their 3 last matches
- Brighton have conceded at least two goals in their last 3 games
Value Bet (3/1+)
Chelsea v Arsenal, Saturday, 17:45 GMT
Weekly Best Bets:
It is designed to be a really easy and enjoyable service to follow along with just a couple of emails a week and a handful of well researched and supported bets recommended to you each week. If this sounds like something you'd enjoy why not join us for the full European season for just £9.95 a month or £77 for the whole season.
Step by step guiding to building a successful and profitable betting portfolio. Download for free here
Jon is the Founder and Chief Tipster at Football Advisor and Predictoloy. He started life as data analyst in the digital marketing field before find his true calling in the world of Football and Horse Racing Betting.
Jon has been sharing his professional expertise since 2009 and specialises in using objective data analysis and subjective experience of betting built up over more than a decade of professional betting.
In 2014, Jon also launched (and continues to run) the trusted Football Advisor service service which provides a variety of football and horse racing betting models and portfolios. A few years later, Jon launched the Predictology platform which is the worlds first betting system builder and analyser covering a wealth of football betting related statistics covering more than 200,000 matches.
Jon has also lent his knowledge and expertise to several of the trusted Premium Services offered by the respected Secret Betting Club, including Football Lay Profits. Racing Bet Profits and, most recently, Racing Lay Profits.