Football Betting Tips – Arsenal v Man City
What is ‘Best Bets'
After the success of our World Cup ‘Best Bets' program, we are continuing on the model for full 2018/19 season. ‘Best Bets' is a member only service, providing:
- Two emails per week
- One on a Friday or Saturday morning looking at the weekend action
- One on a Monday or Tuesday morning looking at the mid-week action
- 1-2 of our best bets for each set of upcoming matches
- Our best ‘value' bet that we have identified, priced at 3/1 or higher
- In-depth analysis and previews of one or two of the biggest matches taking place
- Key statistical trends for some of the major upcoming matches
- Complimentary bonus micro strategies throughout the season
Insights and News
We have shared some bonus content this week around our premier league best bets for the season ahead. These are bonus bets / advices, not included in the main service. However, we have picked out a few below that we will be including in the service.
– Our official, recommended best season bets
Plus an antepost multi to get your teeth into:
Arsenal vs Man City
Emirates Stadium, Sunday 12th August, Kick-off: 16:00 BST
– Arsenal conceded three goals in each of their three matches against Man City last season, losing all three.
– Prior to last season, Arsenal had lost one in eight to Man City.
– Over 2.5 goals in their last eight meetings
– The last two season opening fixtures, Arsenal have been involved in seven-goal thrillers (4-3 loss to Liverpool, 4-3 win over Leicester)
– Man City have won two and lost two in pre-season
– Arsenal are undefeated in 90 minutes in pre-season
Last campaign, Man City showed some of their best work against a beleaguered Arsenal side. Able to break in between Arsene Wenger’s lines, Pep Guardiola’s City looked spelling-binding – particularly in their most recent 3-0 win against them at the Emirates back in March; three first half goals tore into the heart of the Arsenal defence.
With the addition of Riyad Mahrez to their talent-littered outfit, City don’t look like slowing down this season. Pulling a pre-’Sarrification’ Chelsea apart in the Community Shield would have done wonders for team moral amidst rumours of World Cup burnout; Sergio Aguero’s 200th club goal underlines the talent he still is at the age of 30.
Arsenal are still an unknown quantity. Emery looks tempted to start with both Lacazette and Aubameyang up top, with their interlink play crucial to Arsenal’s success this season. Defensive stability, however, was top of the shopping list with Leno, Sokratis and Lichsteiner looking set to plug the holes created by Wenger’s regime.
City, however, look to have a hold over this Arsenal team in recent meetings. Emery’s side are expected to score, but the amount they concede to the sumptuous champions is of bigger concern. Don’t expect a drubbing, but Pep should be able to eek out a win on the opening day of the campaign.
Recommended Bet: available to Best Bet Members only
Middlesbrough v Birmingham City
Southampton v Burnley
Value Bet (3/1+)
Derby County v Leeds United
It is designed to be a really easy and enjoyable service to follow along with just a couple of emails a week and a handful of well researched and supported bets recommended to you each week. If this sounds like something you'd enjoy why not join us for the full European season for just £9.95 a month or £77 for the whole season.
Freelance sports writer, sports data analyst and content creator; Lewis has provided some of the biggest names in the betting industry with written content and betting tips over the past seven years. Specialising in football, boxing, and darts, his eye for detail – as well as value – has seen him yield a significant profit as BetVictor's darts tipster. Lewis co-authored the Football Advisor World Cup Stats Betting Pack