Football Betting Tips – Aston Villa v Brentford
What is ‘Best Bets'
After the success of our World Cup ‘Best Bets' program, we are continuing on the model for full 2018/19 season. ‘Best Bets' is a member only service, providing:
- Two emails per week
- One on a Friday or Saturday morning looking at the weekend action
- One on a Monday or Tuesday morning looking at the mid-week action
- 1-2 of our best bets for each set of upcoming matches
- Our best ‘value' bet that we have identified, priced at 3/1 or higher
- In-depth analysis and previews of one or two of the biggest matches taking place
- Key statistical trends for some of the major upcoming matches
- Complimentary bonus micro strategies throughout the season
Insights and News
Everything you need to know about IFollow and how to watch your football league team online.
Aston Villa vs Brentford, Villa Park, Wednesday 22nd August
– Brentford are unbeaten in all 4 Championship fixtures against Villa in the past two seasons
– Last two fixtures at Villa Park have ended in a draw
– Villa lead 6-2 in overall wins, with four draws
– Previous fixture before these last 4 Championship fixtures was played in 1953
– Both teams have gained 7 points from 9 available so far
– Neal Maupay has scored 3 goals in first 3 matches
Sitting in fifth and sixth, respectively, in the Championship table, Villa and Brentford will feel content at their starts coming into these midweek fixtures.
With their financial fears seemingly behind them, the Villains have started back this season where they left the last; so far, unbeaten with seven points and seven goals is a promising return for the topsy-turvy season that lies ahead. Keeping hold of midfielder Jack Grealish has buoyed the Villa fans as they look to return to the Premier League at the third time of asking. So far, their defence have proved the most lethal in front of goal. James Chester, Alan Hutton and Tommy Elphick have all got on the scoresheet so far, with Grealish’s delivery fundamental to their goal threat this campaign.
Brentford turned heads after they destroyed Rotherham 5-1 on the opening day of the season. Since then, the Bees have held Stoke away from home and beaten Sheffield Wednesday 2-0 at Griffin Park; early indications suggest that Dean Smith’s side will feature at the business end of the league come May. Fifth, ninth, tenth and ninth are the positions Brentford have occupied since returning to the second flight, with a place in the top 6 now priced as short as 4/5 for the West Londoners.
Despite their positive start to the season, Villa still look vulnerable at the back. Brentford will no doubt be targetting points on their trip to the midlands, however, the draw markets show the standout value for two sides looking to keep their unbeaten start intact. A draw at half-time and full-time is priced at 4/1, with a cagey encounter highly likely. The outright draw market also shows value priced at 5/2; with this fixture ending in a stalemate the previous two campaigns.
Recommended Bet: available to Best Bet Members only
Stoke v Wigan
- There have been goals a plenty involving these two sides so far
- 18 goals in four games for Wigan
- 10 goals in three games for Stoke
- In particular, Stokes backline has been surprisingly porous with six goals conceded already
- Wigan have lost two away already, conceding 3 on both occasions (Aston Villa and Rotherham)
- Early league winner favourites, Stoke, are still looking for their first win of the season
Value Bet (3/1+)
Stoke v Wigan at 20:00 GMT
Weekly Best Bets:
It is designed to be a really easy and enjoyable service to follow along with just a couple of emails a week and a handful of well researched and supported bets recommended to you each week. If this sounds like something you'd enjoy why not join us for the full European season for just £9.95 a month or £77 for the whole season.
Step by step guiding to building a successful and profitable betting portfolio. Download for free here
Freelance sports writer, sports data analyst and content creator; Lewis has provided some of the biggest names in the betting industry with written content and betting tips over the past seven years. Specialising in football, boxing, and darts, his eye for detail – as well as value – has seen him yield a significant profit as BetVictor's darts tipster. Lewis co-authored the Football Advisor World Cup Stats Betting Pack