Football Betting Tips – Brighton vs Tottenham
What is ‘Best Bets'
After the success of our World Cup ‘Best Bets' program, we are continuing on the model for full 2018/19 season. ‘Best Bets' is a member only service, providing:
- Two emails per week
- One on a Friday or Saturday morning looking at the weekend action
- One on a Monday or Tuesday morning looking at the mid-week action
- 1-2 of our best bets for each set of upcoming matches
- Our best ‘value' bet that we have identified, priced at 3/1 or higher
- In-depth analysis and previews of one or two of the biggest matches taking place
- Key statistical trends for some of the major upcoming matches
- Complimentary bonus micro strategies throughout the season
Insights and News
Further bonus tips, analysis and reports available at Insights.FootballAdvisor
- Atletico Madrid have kept a clean sheet in their last 14 matches against Getafe
- Leganes have lost their last 9 away matches
- Liverpool have kept a clean sheet at home in their last 7 league games
- Hoffenheim have won their last six home matches
- Schalke have seen under 2.5 goals in their last six home matches
- Birmingham have drawn their last four matches
- Ipswich have drawn their last four home matches
- Middlesbrough have seen under 2.5 goals in their last six matches
- West Ham have won their home fixture against Chelsea in 3 of the last 4 seasons
- Arsenal have beaten Everton in 17 of their last 21 games
- Bologna have failed to score in their last five matches
- Guingamp have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 13 matches
- Marseille have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 8 matches
- AZ have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 9 away games
Brighton vs Tottenham, AMEX Stadium
Saturday 22nd September, Kick-off: 17:30
– Under 2.5 goals in both meetings last season
– This fixture finished 1-1 last season
– Brighton have only recorded three wins over Tottenham
– Tottenham have lost their last two fixtures, Brighton have drawn their last two 2-2
– Brighton won 29 points at the AMEX last season, with a 37% win rate as a newly promoted club
– Glenn Murray has scored four in Brightons five matches
– Over 2.5 goals in all of Tottenham’s Premier League matches this season
Tottenham are in trouble. Losing three games on the spin, including a last minute turnaround defeat at the hands of Inter on Tuesday, Pochettino has began to show cracks in the media not seen before.
Their reliance on the goals of Harry Kane are proving problematic at the start of this campaign, with the England captain rumoured to be struggling with an ankle problem. Lucas Moura has been their shining light, however, whether Kane’s game is impacted negatively due to Pochettino playing two ‘strikers’ is up for debate.
Brighton are ‘Brighton-ing’. Plenty of heart, plenty of desire and plenty of organisation under the tutelage of Chris Hughton. The Seagulls have gathered five points in their five games, and with four points taken from their two matches at the AMEX so far, Spurs’ arrival won’t be feared on the South Coast.
Brighton’s biggest concern is the fitness of Pascal Gross. Having missed Monday’s match against Southampton with an ankle injury, the German will be assessed ahead of Saturday’s tea-time kick off.
Hugo Loris has been ruled out for Tottenham with Dele Alli unlikely to feature. Returns are expected from Toby Alderweireld and Kieran Trippier who missed the trip to Milan on Tuesday.
Tottenham failed to win this fixture last season, and as we saw against Man United, Brighton are an aggressive, energetic side when they play at home. Hughton’s side will gain a majority of their points at the AMEX this season, and with Spurs struggling to get out of second gear, expect Brighton to have successes on Saturday.
Recommended Bet: available to Best Bet Members only
Arsenal v Everton
Leeds v Birmingham
Value Bet (3/1+)
West Ham v Chelsea
Montpellier v Nice
Weekly Best Bets:
It is designed to be a really easy and enjoyable service to follow along with just a couple of emails a week and a handful of well researched and supported bets recommended to you each week. If this sounds like something you'd enjoy why not join us for the full European season for just £9.95 a month or £77 for the whole season.
Step by step guiding to building a successful and profitable betting portfolio. Download for free here
Freelance sports writer, sports data analyst and content creator; Lewis has provided some of the biggest names in the betting industry with written content and betting tips over the past seven years. Specialising in football, boxing, and darts, his eye for detail – as well as value – has seen him yield a significant profit as BetVictor's darts tipster. Lewis co-authored the Football Advisor World Cup Stats Betting Pack