Football Betting Tips – Sevilla vs Real Madrid
What is ‘Best Bets'
After the success of our World Cup ‘Best Bets' program, we are continuing on the model for full 2018/19 season. ‘Best Bets' is a member only service, providing:
- Two emails per week
- One on a Friday or Saturday morning looking at the weekend action
- One on a Monday or Tuesday morning looking at the mid-week action
- 1-2 of our best bets for each set of upcoming matches
- Our best ‘value' bet that we have identified, priced at 3/1 or higher
- In-depth analysis and previews of one or two of the biggest matches taking place
- Key statistical trends for some of the major upcoming matches
- Complimentary bonus micro strategies throughout the season
Insights and News
Further bonus tips, analysis and reports available at Insights.FootballAdvisor
Sevilla vs Real Madrid, Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan
Wednesday 26th September, Kick-off: 21:00
– Over 2.5 goals in their last 11 meetings
– No away wins in this fixture since a 3-2 win for Real Madrid in 2015
– Sevilla won this fixture 3-2 at home last season (9th May, 2018)
– Six points separate the sides at kick-off, with Sevilla losing twice in five fixtures
– 22 goals scored between the sides in 10 matches
– Madrid are unbeaten in their opening five matches, winning four.
After a tricky opening to their La Liga venture this season, Sevilla have their tails up after a successful week. A 5-1 win at home to Standard Liege in the Europa League was followed up by an eye-catching 6-2 win away in Levante, as Los Hispalenses notched up eleven goals in 180 minutes of football.
Wissam Ben Yedder is proving a real threat for the Andalusian side. Five of Sevilla’s eleven goals this week came courtesy of the Frenchman nicknamed Benyebut, as the 28-year-old strives for a breakout season.
Pablo Machin’s side have clicked over the last week; perfect timing for the arrival of the European Champions, Real Madrid.
Despite recording the win over Espanyol at the weekend, the manner of their victory was unconvincing. It took an ugly VAR-checked strike from Marco Asensio in the first-half to get the better of a side who have looked strong defensively this season so far. This being said, a win’s a win for Lopetegui so early on in the season, as Los Blancos look to stay within striking distance of their Catalan rivals.
Madrid have a derby against Atletico this coming weekend, so whether the side will be rotated once again is certainly worth keeping an eye on. Gareth Bale was rested against Espanyol, so a return for the Welshman is a certainty in Sevilla.
Madrid look a little more robust under the management of Lopetegui; it’s a brave call but this factor could see the end of the run that has seen the last eleven fixtures between these two sides ending in over 2.5 goals.
Sevilla will struggle to break down the visitors, with the pace and guile of the Madrid forwards ready to pounce on the counter.
Recommended Bet: available to Best Bet Members only
Value Bet (3/1+)
Weekly Best Bets:
It is designed to be a really easy and enjoyable service to follow along with just a couple of emails a week and a handful of well researched and supported bets recommended to you each week. If this sounds like something you'd enjoy why not join us for the full European season for just £9.95 a month or £77 for the whole season.
Step by step guiding to building a successful and profitable betting portfolio. Download for free here
Freelance sports writer, sports data analyst and content creator; Lewis has provided some of the biggest names in the betting industry with written content and betting tips over the past seven years. Specialising in football, boxing, and darts, his eye for detail – as well as value – has seen him yield a significant profit as BetVictor's darts tipster. Lewis co-authored the Football Advisor World Cup Stats Betting Pack