Football Betting Tips – Chelsea vs Liverpool
What is ‘Best Bets'
After the success of our World Cup ‘Best Bets' program, we are continuing on the model for full 2018/19 season. ‘Best Bets' is a member only service, providing:
- Two emails per week
- One on a Friday or Saturday morning looking at the weekend action
- One on a Monday or Tuesday morning looking at the mid-week action
- 1-2 of our best bets for each set of upcoming matches
- Our best ‘value' bet that we have identified, priced at 3/1 or higher
- In-depth analysis and previews of one or two of the biggest matches taking place
- Key statistical trends for some of the major upcoming matches
- Complimentary bonus micro strategies throughout the season
Insights and News
Further bonus tips, analysis and reports available at Insights.FootballAdvisor
Chelsea vs Liverpool, Stamford Bridge
Saturday 29th September, Kick-off: 17:30
– Under 2.5 goals in four of their last five league meetings
– Liverpool have won two of their last three trips to Stamford Bridge
– Liverpool unbeaten in the league with six wins from six
– Both teams have scored in seven of their last eight meetings
– Hasn’t been a goalless draw since 2008 (29 games)
With both sides in the top three of the Premier League standings, Saturday’s fixture will tell us a lot about the title credentials of Chelsea and Liverpool.
On Wednesday they met in the League Cup, and despite weakened starting elevens, Hazard and Salah’s introduction showed how seriously Sarri and Klopp planned to take the competition this season. A moment of pure magic from Eden Hazard proved the difference between the sides as Chelsea advanced with a 2-1 win away at Anfield.
This result was the first since 2016 where there has been over 2.5 goals; the Conte years stifled this fixture with a run of low scoring games.
The biggest test on Saturday will be Chelsea’s defence against the Firmino, Mane and Salah trio; injuries to Christensen and Rudiger are a concern for the home side as they look towards Gary Cahill for another start partnering David Luiz.
Hazard will provide Chelsea with the spark they need going forward, and with Jorginho unlikely to get as much of the ball as he has done in previous fixtures, the Blues may need to rely on speedier counter football rather than their progressive passing ‘Sarriball’.
Losing the ball deep to Liverpool will be Sarri’s biggest concern, with the visitors already scoring 14 in the league. Chelsea have scored 14 as well, so it would be a surprise if the recent run of under 2.5 goals continued.
Chelsea will be able to get through the Liverpool defence once again, however, the visitors may try and settle for a point in West London.
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.66
Chelsea/draw double chance @ 1.55
Recommended Bet: available to Best Bet Members only
Birmingham v Ipswich
Notts County v Crewe
Value Bet (3/1+)
Hull City v Middlesbrough
Weekly Best Bets:
It is designed to be a really easy and enjoyable service to follow along with just a couple of emails a week and a handful of well researched and supported bets recommended to you each week. If this sounds like something you'd enjoy why not join us for the full European season for just £9.95 a month or £77 for the whole season.
Step by step guiding to building a successful and profitable betting portfolio. Download for free here
Freelance sports writer, sports data analyst and content creator; Lewis has provided some of the biggest names in the betting industry with written content and betting tips over the past seven years. Specialising in football, boxing, and darts, his eye for detail – as well as value – has seen him yield a significant profit as BetVictor's darts tipster. Lewis co-authored the Football Advisor World Cup Stats Betting Pack