Football Betting Tips – Liverpool vs Brighton
What is ‘Best Bets'
After the success of our World Cup ‘Best Bets' program, we are continuing on the model for full 2018/19 season. ‘Best Bets' is a member only service, providing:
- Two emails per week
- One on a Friday or Saturday morning looking at the weekend action
- One on a Monday or Tuesday morning looking at the mid-week action
- 1-2 of our best bets for each set of upcoming matches
- Our best ‘value' bet that we have identified, priced at 3/1 or higher
- In-depth analysis and previews of one or two of the biggest matches taking place
- Key statistical trends for some of the major upcoming matches
- Complimentary bonus micro strategies throughout the season
Insights and News
Further bonus tips, analysis and reports available at Insights.FootballAdvisor
- Man City have scored 2+ in 36 of their last 44 matches
- Liverpool are undefeated in their last 22 home matches
- Brighton have failed to win in their last 14 away matches
- Lazio have seen over 2.5 goals in 22 of their last 24 away matches
- Napoli are undefeated in 35 of their last 38 matches
- Sevilla have lost just 3 of their last 32 home games
- Bayern have seen over 2.5 goals in each of their last 10 home games
- Eintracht Frankfurt have lost their last 7 away games
- Lyon have won their last 7 home games
- Porto have won their last 15 home games
- AZ have seen over 2.5 goals in each of their last 13 games
- Feyenoord have scored 3 times in 8 of their last 9 matches
Liverpool vs Brighton, Anfield, Saturday 25th August
– 20 goals have been scored in the last 4 fixtures between these two sides
– 4-0 and 5-1 wins for Liverpool in the Premier League last season
– Both teams have scored in 5 of the last 6 meetings
– Over 2.5 goals in 10 of the last 11 meetings
– 10-2 to Liverpool in league wins, with 6 draws
Brighton made it two wins at home against Man United last weekend in the same calendar year, getting Chris Hughton’s season off to a dramatic start. Those point may prove invaluable towards the end of the season, with the bottom half of the table expected to bunch up once again.
Liverpool saw off Palace in a high-tempo affair at Selhurst Park on Monday night. Milner and Mane sealed all three points as Liverpool joined City, Chelsea, Bournemouth, Tottenham and Watford in winning their opening three games; history suggests they will be able to make it three from three when they welcome the Seagulls to Anfield on Saturday.
In their last three meetings, Brighton have shipped six, five and four goals against the Reds’ attack, and with Mane, Salah and Firmino supplemented by the crafted and desire of new signing Naby Keita in midfield, Liverpool’s deadly trio will continue to carve out plenty of chances in each match.
Brighton are a different animal home and away. Often criticised for being too negative when they are away from the AMEX, Hughton may struggle to identify the correct system to play against this expansive Klopp set-up; no doubt he will be haunted by last seasons 9-1 aggregate defeat.
I can’t see Liverpool being caused too many problems on Saturday. Their defence has improved tenfold since Virgil van Dijk joined, and with Alisson between the sticks Liverpool are fully expected to keep a clean sheet in this fixture. Once they find their opener, who’s to say how many they will go on to get.
Recommended Bet: available to Best Bet Members only
PEC Zwolle vs PSV
- 100% records for both sides so far this season – unfortunately for Zwolle, theirs have both been defeats
- PSV have won their last 7 v Zwolle
- They have scored at least 3 in 6 of those 7 games
- Zwolle have lost their last five games if including last season
- PSV have scored at least 2 goals in 8 of their last 9 away games
Value Bet (3/1+)
Real Madrid vs Girona @ 3/1
Weekly Best Bets:
It is designed to be a really easy and enjoyable service to follow along with just a couple of emails a week and a handful of well researched and supported bets recommended to you each week. If this sounds like something you'd enjoy why not join us for the full European season for just £9.95 a month or £77 for the whole season.
Step by step guiding to building a successful and profitable betting portfolio. Download for free here
Freelance sports writer, sports data analyst and content creator; Lewis has provided some of the biggest names in the betting industry with written content and betting tips over the past seven years. Specialising in football, boxing, and darts, his eye for detail – as well as value – has seen him yield a significant profit as BetVictor's darts tipster. Lewis co-authored the Football Advisor World Cup Stats Betting Pack